Wednesday, May 24, 2006

If I do well on this, maybe I'll make Law Review, and then maybe I will get a job at Cravath, and then maybe I will meet my husband!

If you had no motivation to finish this writing competition before, well now you do. It turns out that if you get a job at a top firm in NYC, you can land up with a 2.5-carat, radiant-cut, platinum-set fancy yellow diamond from Fred Leighton!

The Observer's Love Beat (think Sunday Styles with sarcasm and some prescription drugs) tells the story of two C-vath associates who happened to find love at the office. While I do think such love is possible (I mean, Prof F and his wife met at C-vath and are lovely people), this couple makes me a little worried. And it's not because their interactions make me want to vomit. It's because of this:
The following weekend, they decided to rent a car for a quick Hamptons getaway—only Mr. Perese, again, was working till midnight...Yes, on a Saturday. After he’d finished, they hailed a passing pedicab and took it to Hertz, hitting the road at 2 a.m. in a bright yellow Chevy Cobalt. They arrived at their B&B at 4 a.m.
A BED AND BREAKFAST? We are slaving away learning the bluebook to get these jobs only to have to stay at a BED AND BREAKFAST?!? If my C-vath husband and I cannot at least rent a house our first summer, this whole existence is meaningless, and he can keep the ring.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, according to the article, they plan to live in his UE side STUDIO.

Anonymous said...

these people went to watch cat theater on their first date.

Anonymous said...

Barf!

Anonymous said...

Is this supposed to be the best case scenario for us?

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else find the term "note" to be insanely misleading?

Anonymous said...

“Dinner with you would be extra-fabulous,” Mr. Perese punched back.

She married a fag.